UP

Technical | Winders | Pipework  >  Steam

Section under development

 

No details of the early 48 psi steam pipework are known, although there is an opening in the east wall of the North engine-house which looks to be part of the original structure and may have taken a steam pipe from the East boilers. 

DSC00500a-s

Old pipe inlet - North engine-house

Before 1904 both of the engines were located in the southern half of the engine-house complex,  all of which was completely rebuilt in 1922,  removing any trace of the original pipe inlets

Most of the current steam pipe-work dates from 1922 when the  Markham winder was installed.  Much of it was cast by a company called Oakes, who had recently been taken over by Stanton Ironworks.

Incoming steam mains and outgoing dump-line in E wing.

Incoming steam mains and dump-line discharge  - east wing of  engine-house basement

TOP


Copyright © 2005 - 2017      J.S. Thatcher

Page updated on:

08 Apr, 2018

at

02:15:14 PM

In case of problems contact:

webmaster@pleasley-colliery.org.uk

BuiltWithNOF